The new team formation policy has been developed and will be instituted for this and future seasons.
According to the NCS Program Regulations, each registered player will be assigned to a team by the leagues commissioner, using the following criteria:
AGE BALANCE, SCHOOL BALANCE, TALENT PARITY (e.g., pitching, catching), and TEAM CONTINUITY.
This team formation protocol is intended to clarify these criteria and process followed by the league commissioners.
In each division, the players assigned to a team as follows:
1. Son's/daughter's of the head coach
2. No more than two (2) assistant coaches sons/daughters
3. Returning players in the same division from the previous season, unless they request to be reassigned to a new team. However, there should be no expectation that players moving up to the next age division will be assigned to a team with the previous season's teammates.
4. Siblings in the same division will automatically be placed on the same team unless otherwise requested.
After the first phase above, players will be placed on teams in an effort to achieve competitive balance among the teams in each league according to the following guidelines:
1. PLAYER EVALUATION (if applicable) - Using the pre-season player evaluations obtained by the commissioner on Player Evaluation Day, the players are assigned to teams in an effort to balance perceived skill levels such as pitching, fielding, hitting, etc.
2. AGE BALANCE - An approximately equal number of older and younger players should be assigned to each team.
3. SCHOOL BALANCE - No more than a few players from a particular school will be assigned to a team.
4. SPECIAL REQUESTS - Absent extraordinary circumstances (e.g. Medical necessity), any special player assignment requests will be granted only at the discretion of the league commissioner, and in the manner so as to maintain competitive balance.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to a wonderful season.